Create this adorable winter birds art project with your child for someone special. A sweet homemade valentine’s day card for kids to make.
The birch trees in the background are so easy to make too. A winter art project your child will love to make.
Here’s how to make this winter birds art project…
Here’s a fun project to make with the kids for Valentine’s Day or anytime to give a little sparkle to someone’s smile. It incorporates several different art techniques all into one project too but can be done by multiple ages. A printable Valentine card is included too! Who’s heart will make sparkle?
To create your Winter Bird Card you will need the following Supplies
1. To start your card you need to have your child create a design with crayons on a white piece of paper. Encourage them to make repetitive designs but any marks will do, perfect for little ones too!
2. Then use water colors to paint over the crayon design and allow to dry.
3. Paint Birch Tree using black paint on stripes of white paper and allow to dry.
4. Fold the colored paper in half to create a card to give to someone special. Write inside a special note to someone you love. A special message you may want to use is “ You Make My Heart Sparkle” (See below for the printable)
5. Cut out shape for bird using a half circle, small beak, 4 hearts of similar size and a large heart and using glue assemble bird onto Colored paper.
6. Then using glitter sprinkle onto the largest heart for the bird to hold.
7. Once dry glue glitter heart onto page and draw string from bird’s mouth.
8. Using white ink stamp all over the card to make the snow.
9. Give your special winter bird to someone you love and make their heart SHINE this Valentine’s Day!
FREE PRINTABLE Valentine Message
This Card was created for the 31 Days of Love Project at Red Ted Art
Check out our Bird Seed Heart Project for the 100th Day of School.
Or see check out another way to make the Winter Birch Trees here.
For more Homemade Valentine Card Ideas visit our 20 Valentine Card Ideas for School
Who will you send a little sparkle to this Valentine’s Day?
Singular and plural nouns in English grammar | Singular and plural for preschool kids| One and many ...Read more
Today, we're delving into the world of homeschooling, revealing how running a business, managing family life, and educating on ...Read more
Summer has faded once again. My family has transitioned haltingly back into the daily rhythms of another school year. But...Read more
Presented by Pamela Vallejo & Amie Cunningham In home/parent trainers with GISD. Learn how to promote independence with ...Read more
Using a timeline is a great way to help students understand the sequence of history and see what happened at...Read more