Check out these awesome free printable chicken life cycle worksheets for kids! Teach your little ones all about the different stages of the life cyle of a chicken in a fun and interactive way. These chicken life cycle printables are perfect for teaching life cycles for kids from first grade, 2nd grade, 3rd grade, 4th grade, 5th grade, and 6th grade students too. Download these free worksheets to learn about a life cycle of a hen.
Chicken Life Cycle Worksheets
Explore the fascinating world of chicken life cycles with these amazing free printable chicken life cycle worksheets for kids! Make learning engaging and interactive as you guide your little ones through the different stages of a chicken’s life. These life cycle of a chicken resources are perfect for elementary students from grade 1, grade 2, grade 3, grade 4, grade 5, and grade 5. Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler – you will love adding these life cycle worksheets to your study about farm animals, life cycles lesson, or a learning center.
Life Cycle Worksheets
Chickens for Kids
Discover these fascinating facts about chickens! They are one of the most common domesticated animals worldwide, tracing their origin back to the wild red junglefowl of Asia. Did you know that roosters make up to 20 different sounds and have stunning feathers? Chickens also possess a strong sense of smell and can remember over 100 faces! Furthermore, their earlobes determine the color of their eggshells. These wonderful creatures contribute by eating bugs, spiders, and even snakes, helping to keep the environment clean. With their exceptional eyesight and the ability to fly short distances, they truly have some amazing talents! Lastly, don’t underestimate them in the garden—they are incredible gardeners who fertilize and till the soil.
The chicken life cycle is a remarkable journey from a tiny embryo to a fully grown hen.
- Egg Stage: It all begins with an egg laid by the mother hen.
- Incubation: The egg is warmed by the mother or in an incubator for about 21 days.
- Hatching: A fluffy chick breaks out of its shell and enters the world.
- Chick Stage: The newborn chick grows quickly, developing feathers and exploring its surroundings.
- Pullet Stage: Around 5-6 months old, the chick becomes a pullet, and its body prepares for egg-laying.
- Hen Stage: The pullet matures into an adult hen, ready to lay eggs and leading a productive life!
Curious to know more about this fascinating farm animal? Discover the fascinating stages of a chicken’s life cycle in our free printable worksheets for kids.
Chicken Life Cycle Printable
There are over 30 learning activities in this pack including:
- Chicken vocabulary cards – nest, egg, embryo, cracking, hatching, chick, hen, rooster, coop
- Chicken life cycle poster
- Label the chicken life cycle
- Cut and paste the life cycle of a chicken
- Draw the stages of the chicken life cycle
Life Cycle of a Chicken
- Chicken life cycle coloring page
- Cut and Paste chicken stages and coloring sheet
- Create a chicken life cycle mini book – choose black and white or color option
- Fill in what you learned about the life cycle of a chicken booklet
- Label the parts of a chicken – comb, wing, feet, beak, tailfeathers, wattle
- Chicken research and writing prompts
A life cycle of a Hen
- Chicken Worksheets – fill in the bank using word bank: nesting box, bloom, brooder, molting, wattle, comb, ombnivore, sickle, coop, crop, clutch, bantam
- Free Chicken Reader
- Chicken Habitat Worksheet
- Pecking Order of Chickens Worksheet
- Chicken Life Cycle Reading Comprehension with passage and follow-up questions
- Bibliography worksheet
- My book report template
- Animal Report form
- Chicken page with cute clipart pictures
- Free Farm Animals and their babies puzzles or these animals and their young ones worksheet
- Farm Cutting Practice Worksheets or these free printable cutting activities for preschoolers pdf
- Cute farm animal word searches
- Free printable farm coloring pages or these free printable books for beginning readers pdf to color
- Farm Worksheets for pre-k and kindergarten, cute farm animals worksheet, preschool farm activities free, or these farm worksheets for kindergarten
- Printable i spy farm animals, farm animal finger puppets printable, or these Farm easy hidden pictures free printables
- Free Farm Writing Prompts or these simple farm writing prompts
- ALPHABET – Work on alphabetical order with these farm abc order worksheets, C is for cow activities for kindergarten and preschoolers, Tractor Alphabet Plowing for a farm unit kindergarten, Cow worksheets for preschoolers
- Free printable Farm Scavenger Hunt for kids or this seasons on the farm printable
- LANGUAGE ARTS – Farm Animal tracing worksheets, sight word games for kindergarten, cut and paste easy sight word sentences PDF, Chicken egg cvc animals, farm simple sentences for kindergarten worksheet pdf
- MATH – I See Farm Animal counting book, farm color by number, farm number words worksheet, farm money worksheets for kindergarten, Farm number bingo dauber worksheets, adorable free printable number puzzles 1-10, or these counting animals worksheet
- Farm to table worksheets or these coordinating farming sequencing cards pdf
- Farm animal life cycle mini book, barn owl life cycle worksheets, farm animals and their homes worksheet,
- Fun Farm activities for kids, farm activities for preschoolers, cute farm crafts, cute farm birthday party, lots more ideas in farm theme, 25+ cute farm book for preschool, or get all our farm unit.
Before you grab your free pack you agree to the following:
- This set is for personal and classroom use only.
- This printable set may not be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other website or electronic retrieval system.
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission from
- All material provided on this blog is copyright protected.
> Chicken Life Cycle <<