Make practicing patterns fun with these free printable pattern worksheets! These pattern worksheets for kindergarten, first grade, and preschool students allow kids to working on their colors and fine motor skills while working on this math skill improving critical thinking skills.
These pattern worksheets offer a variety of activities to help preschoolers, kindergartners, and grade 1 students work on this math skill. The what comes next worksheets include animals, shape pattern worksheets, skip counting, direction, AAB, ABA, ABB, AABB, and more. Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler – you will love these no-prep pattern math worksheets. These free printable pages are handy for extra practice, at school or at home, or as an extra activity for those who finish their other work early.
Pattern worksheets for kindergarten
Why work on Patterns
At first glance, teaching patterns to our little ones may seem like a simple concept. However, behind those colorful shapes, there lies a plethora of cognitive and developmental benefits that make pattern recognition an essential skill for our kindergarten superstars!
Patterns serve as building blocks for logical thinking. As young minds explore patterns, they acquire important mathematical skills, such as sequencing, sorting, and grouping. By recognizing and understanding patterns, children enhance their problem-solving abilities and set the foundation for critical thinking later on.
But patterns are not limited to numbers and shapes. They are everywhere around us! From nature’s beautiful symmetries to the rhythms in music and language, patterns surround us in the world we live in. Introducing patterns at an early age expands our kindergartners’ perception of the world, sharpening their observation skills and encouraging them to become curious explorers of the wonders around them.
What comes next worksheets
- Give your child one of the pages, depending what they are working on.
- The first activity consists of children looking at the pattern that has been started and then following it to complete the pattern. They will color in the pictures and circle the correct picture that goes in the pattern.
- The second activity consists of a row of pictures in a pattern, with children following the pattern and cutting and pasting the correct picture to complete the pattern. They can then color in the pattern.
- The third activity involves children following the pattern. They will need to work out the pattern and then color in the correct picture to complete the pattern.
Shape pattern worksheets
- The fourth activity involves children reading and following a particular pattern. They will then draw the correct shapes to complete the patterns.
Pattern preschool worksheet
- The fifth activity is a number pattern with the rule +2. Children will complete the pattern, following the rule.
- The sixth activity is also a number pattern. This time, each row has a different rule. Children are to complete the patterns using the rules. The rules include +2, +5, -2, +4, +3, -5, -3.
- The seventh activity includes circling the attribute that is changing for each pattern. Attributes include shape, size, direction and color.
Pattern math worksheets
- The eighth activity has children following the pattern and circling the correct letter pattern below.
- The final activity has children reading the lines and circling ‘yes’ if it is a pattern or ‘no’ if it is not.
- 50 Books for Kindergarten Book List – Books for Kindergarteners to read themselves
- Kindergarten Calendar Printable, free Days of the Week Worksheets
- Kindergarten Spelling Words – add a vowel practice or Free Kindergarten spelling words Printable
- Hoppy Frog Math Game (addition within 10 and addition to 20) and Goldfish Kindergarten Subtraction Games
- Roll to 100 Counting Game, 100s Chart Battleship Game, and Days of the Week Worksheets
- Free Ordinal Number Worksheet, Pirate I Spy Worksheets, Crack the Code Worksheet Pages
- Playdough Subtraction Smash free printable math activity, What Comes Next Kindergarten Math, pattern math worksheets
- Short i cvc worksheets cut and paste pdf, Short E CVC Words Booklet, Crack the Code CVC Word Worksheets
- Crayon CVC Words Activity, free CVC Word Puzzles Free Printable, Blowing Bubbles Word Family Activities
- Word Family Sliders Free – lots of styles to print in color or black and white
- Free Printable Seasons Worksheets w/ Free 4 Season Printables, Large Printable Weather Unit for kids
- Rain Cloud for Kids experiment and free worksheet, Water Cycle for Kids Printable Book
- Human Body human body playdough mats , EPIC, Life-size Human Body Project
- Amazing 5 Senses for kids lesson, Free Community Helpers Coloring Pages – over 20 pages, Community Helpers Printables Wheel – spin and learn, Free Kindergarten Word Search with Sight Words
- Non Standard Measurement Worksheets, Free Printable Community Helpers Matching Game
Free Pattern Worksheets
Before you grab your free pack you agree to the following:
- This set is for personal and classroom use only.
- This printable set may not be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other website or electronic retrieval system.
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission from
- All material provided on this blog is copyright protected.
> Math Pattern Worksheets <<