Grab these super cute, free printable forest pattern block mats to help children work on fine motor skills, shapes, and critical thinking skills. These pattern block templates provide a great hands-on learning activity for kids to do at school in math centers, at home, busy bags, or in the car during a family road trip. Grab your pattern blocks and our printable pattern block templates with ten different forest themed puzzle cards for kids to create. This math shapes activity is perfect for preschool, pre-k, kindergarten, and first graders too. Simply print the pattern block printables and you are ready to play and learn!
Pattern Block Mats
Enhance fine motor skills and critical thinking with these adorable printable forest pattern block mats. These templates offer an engaging hands-on learning activity that can be enjoyed at school, home, on the go. Let your preschoolers, kindergartnesr, and grade 1 students explore shapes and problem-solving as they use pattern blocks to complete the ten forest-themed puzzle cards included. Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler – you will love these low prep forest themed puzzle printables for helping young children work on fine motor skills and shape recognition.
Pattern Block Templates
Looking for an engaging and educational activity for your little ones? Pattern blocks are the way to go!
- First and foremost, pattern blocks help children develop their mathematical thinking abilities. By using these geometric shapes, kids can recognize and create patterns, practice spatial awareness, and even explore symmetry.
- Not only do pattern blocks enhance mathematical skills, but they also promote critical thinking and problem-solving skills. By experimenting with various block combinations, children learn to analyze and solve puzzles, fostering their creative thinking abilities.
- Additionally, pattern blocks can enhance your child’s fine motor skills. By picking up and manipulating the blocks, little hands strengthen their grip and coordination skills, which lay the foundation for writing and other essential tasks.
- Last but not least, pattern blocks provide endless hours of fun! Whether your child is building towers, creating unique designs, or constructing pictures, they will enjoy the limitless possibilities these blocks offer.
Children will need pattern blocks to complete this activity as well as a pencil or dry-erase marker. Just laminate the pages, cut down the middle, hole punch, and put a ring clip so your kids can make a design and flip to one of the other designs easily.
Printable Pattern Block Templates
This is where the fun begins. There are many ways children can complete this fun activity. Give your children or students a pack of cards, they can choose which one they want to work on. Make sure they know how to use pattern blocks and the shapes of each of the blocks before letting them go off on their own. Each letter sized page contains two cards.
Each card contains a forest themed picture including a bear, beaver, bird, deer, fox, mouse, owl, porcupine, raccoon and a wolf.
Pattern block printables
After recreating the picture with their pattern blocks, children can then fill in the blanks below the picture. Here they will write the number of each of the six shaped blocks that they used to create the picture – rhombuses, trapezoids, triangles, parallelograms, squares and hexagons.
These bright and cheerful cards will be enjoyed by kids who won’t even realize they are learning.
Looking for some simple, no prep free shape worksheets and fun shape activities, you will love these fun ways for kids to learn and work on shapes!
- Shape pattern block pictures, popsicle stick shape activity for preschoolers, hot wheel road shapes, ice cream playdough shape mats, or I spy shapes, forest pattern block mats, ocean animal pattern block templates
- Print and learn with shape worksheets for kidnergarten, shape do a dot printables, Free printable shapes worksheets, shape cutting practice worksheets, free cutting shapes worksheets, free 2d shapes worksheets for kindergarten, silly eyes tracing shapes for toddlers,
- Kids will love this shape bingo or these Shape playdough mats, simple shapes for preschool mats, or snowman shapes puzzles
- Free shape flashcards, flower shape clip cards, rabbit shape recognition activity, shape constellation flashlight printable, spring shape sorting printable free, watermelon tracing shapes worksheets pdf, cut and paste shape flower craft, printable shape games for kindergarten, or 3d shape book printable
- Hands-on practice: penguin shapes, pumpkin shape matching card game, spider shape activities for toddler, carrot shape mat, flower playdough mats, monster shapes playdough mat, use these for a shape scavenger hunt, or shape free printable hole punch activities
- Shape Craft, printable shape scavenger hunt, 3d shape puzzle printable, bee shape matching printable, or spin-the-wheel matching shapes worksheets
- Shape Books for kids and shape books for preschoolers – plus lots more shape crafts , free shapes printables, shapes for toddlers printable, and activity ideas
- 4 Free Printable Probability Games, handy Graphing Worksheets for Kindergarten, and free Graphing Worksheets with both pictographs and bar graphs
- Measurement worksheets, printable roman counting 1 to 100, and ordinal numbers worksheet 1-20
- Free Fill in the missing number 1-100 worksheets, free small smaller smallest worksheet pages, animal pattern worksheets, fun coin coloring pages, free shape worksheets for kindergarten, simple shapes worksheets
- 2s-12s Skip Counting Mazes. fruit skip counting connect the dots, cute skip counting chart, or skip counting worksheets
- Free Hundreds, tens and ones worksheets pdf and free place value worksheets
- Converting decimals to fractions worksheet or fraction decimal percent worksheet
- 1-10 dot marker number printables free, printable daily calendar worksheets, handy cut and paste money worksheets, and number writing practice worksheets 1-20
- Number Recognition Workesheets 1-10, fun space color by number worksheets, or Numbers to 20 Worksheet
- Domino addition worksheets, tic-tac-toe addition games, addition crack the code math worksheets, fun addition puzzle, free double digit addition worksheets, double digit addition games, handy three digit addition worksheets, and fun 3 digit addition games
- Telling Time Worksheets pdf free, helpful telling time coloring worksheets, or telling time game
- Playdough Subtraction Smash activity, subtraction worksheets pdf turned into mini book
- Printable Multiplication wheels, free 15×15 multiplication chart, Deck of cards Division Worksheets, division checkers cool math games
- 1st grade math worksheets, no-prep 2nd grade math worksheets, handy 3rd grade math worksheets set, 4th grade math worksheets with answer key, printable 5th grade math worskheets, free 6th grade math worksheets, and lots more homeschool math worksheets
Before you grab your free pack you agree to the following:
- This set is for personal and classroom use only.
- This printable set may not be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other website or electronic retrieval system.
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission from
- All material provided on this blog is copyright protected.
> Forest Animals Shape Templates <<