There are some desserts that are favorites in my house. Brownies are one of them and banana pudding is another. So it only made sense to try making Banana Pudding Brownies to see how they went over in my house!
This twist on classic brownies introduces the comforting flavors of banana pudding was a huge hit!
Scroll down for a printable recipe card or continue reading for more details on making this delicious dessert!
The great thing about these brownies is that they offer a unique take on a favorite dessert. That makes them great for entertaining or just for your family as a weekend dessert!
You can also call this a banana pudding blondie recipe because it uses a yellow cake mix as a base. If you want chocolate brownies, you could also try it with a chocolate cake mix base too.
Gather your ingredients for this delightful banana pudding brownie recipe. You’ll need:
The full measurements for all of the ingredients can be found in the printable recipe card at the bottom of this post.
You will also need a few items of kitchen equipment, including:
This recipe makes 12 servings. It takes 10 minutes to prepare and 30 to 35 minutes to bake.
1. Preheat the oven to 350℉ and grease a 9×13 baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Whisk together the instant pudding and milk in a large bowl until the pudding is dissolved.
3. Add the cake mix to the banana pudding mixture and stir until well combined. You can also use a hand mixer to mix these ingredients.
4. Fold the banana slices into the brownie batter.
5. Transfer the brownie mixture to the greased baking dish
6. Chop the vanilla wafer cookies and evenly sprinkle them over the top of the brownies.
7. Bake in the preheated oven for 30 to 35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
8. Allow the brownies to cool completely in the pan before slicing and serving.
You can store leftover brownies in an airtight container at room temperature or in the refrigerator. If you store them in the refrigerator they will last 4 to 5 days.
You can also freeze these brownies for up to 3 months. Make sure you store them in a freezer-safe container or zipper bag.
The best thing about this recipe is how easy it is to tweak it and change it up. The basic recipe is so easy to make and that makes it easy to customize!
If you’re looking for more baking recipes that use cake mix to make things easier in the kitchen, try one of these:
Prep Time10 minutes
Cook Time30 minutes
Preheat the oven to 350℉ and grease a 9x13 baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
Whisk together the instant pudding and milk in a large bowl until the pudding is dissolved.
Add the cake mix and stir until well combined.
Fold in the bananas.
Transfer the mixture to the prepared baking dish and top with chopped cookies.
Bake in the preheated oven for 30 to 35 minutes. Allow to cool completely before slicing and serving.
As a parent... have you decided that something needs to change regarding your child's academics? Have you set your ...Read more
6 years ago I went through a very big mental health crisis and while it was a time in my...Read more
There are so many options when it comes to homeschooling! Add bilingual homeschooling on top of that, and you have...Read more
Credit: Amazon When your child flies off to college or post-grad life, their absence may leave a space in your...Read more